Best Tools To Take Scrolling Screenshots on Mac 2022
It’s been years that screenshots have made an important place in our lives. Be it a shot on a PDF file for an office presentation or a whole webpage to teach students in class. This is why when you have a handy scrolling screenshot on Mac, it becomes very convenient to take multiple screenshots at the same time.
You would be happy to know that there is not just a single way to take a scrolling screenshot on Mac but browser extensions, tools, online captures, and various other ways are present. Without wasting any more time, here are efficient ways to capture long screenshots on Mac.
Quick In-Built Ways To Copy Screen On Mac
These methods here are going to explain your ways to capture Mac screens without downloading anything or reaching out to a new website.
1. Using Basic Keys (Quickest Way)
Mac itself offers the shortest way to capture a screenshot. All you have to do is:
- Open the window of which you need to take a screenshot.
- Here hold Command + Shift + 5 keys simultaneously and launch the record function.
- As soon as the recording is launched, you can now make edits on the menu bar. Tap ‘Record entire screen’.
- Now you can roll the camera icon anywhere on the screen and keep scrolling the screen until reaching the required section.
- Once again, hold Command + Shift + 5 keys simultaneously. Now select Stop screen recording from here and the screenshot is with you.
Choose to use this screenshot on any file or send it to your friends or office members.
2. Using QuickTime Player
QuickTime player is a free application by Mac that provides you easy access to scrolling screenshots with such convenience. If you already have the app installed, then you can instantly start using it or download it from the App store. To take the screenshot, launch QuickTime Player on your Mac from the dock or Application folder.
Now go to the File menu from the top and choose New Screen Recording. Now click on the ‘Recording entire screen’ button to move forward. After scrolling the whole screen, you can choose ‘Stop screen recording’ and you can see that screenshot has been saved.
Best Browser Extensions For Capturing Apple Screen
The reason why browser extensions are so smart and effective is that they are free in installation, have a compact icon in the browser, and are very easy to use. Although there is limited functionality, its quick usage is much preferred by many.
Offering you options like capturing the entire page, visible part on the screen, or just selection, this is a perfect screenshot tool for Mac. It can even help you capture all the tabs open on the screen in a flow without including browser frames. Once captured, you can save them in PDF/JPEG/GIF/PNG or even upload them in email or take a direct printout. It suits Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox as well.
- It works in incognito mode successfully.
- No permission is required for downloading the extension.
- No editing tools are present within the extension. Also, one can’t share them with others on social media directly.
Another smart way to copy screens on Mac is GoFullPage. It has been developed with smart advanced screen capturing technology which makes it easier for handling complex pages while including inner scrollable elements and embedded iframes. When you wish to take a screenshot of an entire webpage, it assembles all the pieces pretty quickly. In case your Chrome webpage is too long to be captured in one go, you will be notified and the images will be split into separate tabs.
- Edit your screenshot with emojis or crop as well as annotate the image.
- Multiple image formats like PNG, JPEG, or PDF are available.
- Only one size of screenshot is available.
Awesome screenshot and screen recorder allows you to capture full screen with annotation tools. It is a powerful way for Mac screen recording as you can choose to capture a selected area, full page, or any webpage you visit. If you wish to click a specific application, it even allows you to do so. Once done, add text, blur sensitive information, add new shapes to it and save it in any desired format. It is much more advanced than others as you can send a screenshot to Jira, Slack, GitHub, or Asana directly.
- One tool comes with many functions.
- Sharing a screenshot to different channels is easier.
- Screen capturing is somewhat time taking due to the number of functions available.
After exploring browser extensions, it’s time to find online recorders which can capture screenshots for you.
Designed specifically for taking screenshots, this online tool wants you to only copy the page link and paste it in the space available at the website. When the link is pasted on the website, you can scroll through the whole page and then download the image on your desk. Choose to share it with others if you wish to.
- No need to install anything new in the system.
- A public shareable link is generated by the application as well.
- No editing tools are available and you cannot even choose the size of screenshots you take.
Although originally designed for taking screenshots of Tweets, you can use it to capture Mac screens without much effort. However, the websites which need a different login or have web pages with Flash embeds cannot be captured immediately. Websites that are Ajax-based like Google Maps also cannot be screenshotted.
- Very straightforward and simple to use.
- Easy capture of tweets.
- There is no chance of generation’s shareable links.
Another free online service, Web capture offers one-click conversion of screenshots to any other format. All you need to do is copy and paste the web page link, find out the file format you wish to convert into, and download the same into a ZIP archive. However, there is again a limitation with password-protected links and local files.
- Get a screenshot of the entire webpage with a Mac screen recording.
- There is a huge base of image formats to be saved.
- It can act slower than several other applications.
FAQs: Scrolling Screenshot on Mac
1. What are the best tools for taking a scrolling screenshot on Mac?
The Movavi browser extension is one of the best ways to take MacOS screenshots. You can even choose to go for online websites like Full Page Screen Capture or Screenshot Guru to move ahead.
2. How can I take a scrolling screenshot on a Mac?
By using Command for the screenshot on Mac, online websites, or browser extensions like Movavi, one can instantly take a screenshot on Mac.
3. Can you take a scrolling screenshot on Mac?
One can always take a scrolling screenshot on Mac using Command+Shift+5 or downloading extensions on Chrome or Firefox.
We hope that you liked the list of tools and ways to take the scrolling screenshot on Mac. If you ask for our recommendations in terms of browser extension, we recommend you to try Movavi. If screen recording is needed in terms of browser, Full Page Screen Capture is the right choice for you. Which option would you like to go ahead with and why? Share your views with us in the comments below.