Best Mac Apps 2022- That Every Apple Newbie Should Install
Mac Applications & Utilities offers a great way to get the most out of your Catalina toting MacBook Pro or MacBook Air. Some users prefer to pack their device with easy-to-use tools that smooth their workflow, while others prefer to have complex utilities that might take time to set up but saves time in the long run. THE CHOICE IS YOURS!
Get the perfect suite of Mac Apps that meet your needs, ease your daily tasks & increases productivity!
Which Apps Should I Have On My MacBook Pro?
All these Best Mac Software should help you squeeze more productive hours out of everyday use.
|Best Mac Cleaner
||1. Disk Clean Pro
Best Paid Mac Cleaner
1. Disk Clean Pro
All-round Mac Optimization & Cleaning utility, Disk Clean Pro is an excellent tool to clean, optimize & protect your Mac with a package of features. As the name itself suggests, Disk Clean Pro scans out junk, log & unused files, and possesses ways to optimize the system. Here are all the benefits that come along with this best Mac solution!
FEATURES: Disk Clean Pro
- System cleaner
- Logs cleaner
- Trash cleaner
- Cleaning partial downloads
- Duplicate finder
- Internet privacy
Best Free Mac Cleaner
2. App Cleaner & Uninstaller Pro
App Cleaner is another best cleaning solution for your Mac machine. It helps you delete unwanted applications safely along with leftover files to recover huge chunks of space. You can use the Mac cleaner to disable, hide login items & launch agents so that no residues or unwanted files hamper your performance. Listed are the functionalities offered by App Cleaner!
FEATURES: App Cleaner & Uninstaller Pro
- Finds & removes Mac widgets & Internet plugins.
- Remove multiple Mac apps & associated files in one go.
- Locate & delete broken service files without any hassles.
- It helps you recover lots of storage space.
- Observe a noticeable performance boost.
|Best Antivirus For Mac
||1. Norton AntiVirus Plus
2. Systweak Anti-Malware
Best Paid Antivirus For Mac
1. Norton AntiVirus Plus
Norton Antivirus Plus is a reliable Mac Antivirus solution to have stable and all-round protection for your MacBook. The software runs fast & detects malicious threats accurately. The Mac utility offers Real-Time Threat Protection, a Password Manager, Smart Firewall & 2GB of Cloud Backup, to store important files & prevent them from data loss. Norton offers multiple versions, based on device use!
FEATURES: Norton AntiVirus Plus
- A built-in firewall for ideal protection.
- Finds & eliminates potential malware, spyware, online threats & other viruses.
- Capable of catching phishing emails that might trick you into compromising personal data.
- Cloud Storage for safeguarding personal documents.
- Automated backup.
- Parental Controls.
|Best Mac Software For Productivity
||1. Airmail 3
Paid Mac App For Increasing Productivity
1. Airmail 3
For Apple users, who are not happy with the native design of macOS mail. Having Airmail 3 on their machine can completely transform the way & feel of handling emails. It helps you get a clear, systemized & Gmail-like interface on MacBook Pro. The Mac app comes with a customizable interface for easy email management. You can schedule emails, snooze it & manage your daily tasks for better productivity.
FEATURES: Airmail 3
- Easy to set up.
- Highly customizable for better management.
- Snooze messages for convivence.
- Lets you treat emails like tasks.
Free Mac App For Increasing Productivity
Similar to your Mac’s built-in ‘Spotlight’ search, Alfred helps in making a hassle-free search on your machine while keeping your fingers on the keyboard, rather than on mouse. The Mac utility is perfect for those suffering from mouse-related repetitive stress. You can use Alfred, to search for folders, files & even surf the web using just your keyboard.
- Lets you search & browse with ease.
- With Alfred’s clipboard history, you don’t need to type the same URLs again.
- You can link keywords & hotkeys to create a customized workflow.
- You can perform math calculations in a jiffy.
- And perform other basic tasks without any hassles.
|Must-Have Mac Apps For Writers
Best Paid App For MacBook Pro For Writers
Scrivener is nothing short of the most comprehensive writing program around. It offers all the essential tools you’ll need to get started as a writer. The Mac app is packed with various brainstorming tools, a virtual draft board for pinning ideas & note cards. It offers a dedicated section for storing research docs for quick access. What’s more?
- Comes with dozens of project templates for Screenplays, Novels, Stories etc.
- Import different file types.
- Get familiar with different writing & formatting types & tools.
- Name generator.
- Live word counts.
- Export to Word.
- Print or create PDF files.
Best Free App For MacBook Pro For Writers
Spell-check on iPhones are awesome, but it’s not that greats on Mac machines. That’s why Grammarly shines. It’s available as a dedicated Mac Application & as a Safari extension. You can rely on this freemium Mac application to do powerful spelling & grammar checking. Grammarly arrives as a true life savior for anyone who works with clumsy typing fingers.
- Just drag & drop documents you would like to proofread.
- Makes sure that anything you write is effective, precise & error-free.
- It offers a bunch of context-free suggestions to polish your writing.
- Compatible with platforms like Facebook, Twitter & almost anywhere on the web.
|Best PDF Editors For Mac
||1. PDF Expert
2. PDFelement 6 – PDF Editor
Must-Have Paid PDF Editor For MacBook
1. PDF Expert
Having to work with PDFs is a fact of life. Fortunately, PDF Expert makes the task super-easy. The Mac software doesn’t allow you to fill out the forms or merge PDF files, but it also offers users great editing tools. You can rely on PDF Expert to annotate, sign PDF files without any hassles. Here are some of the benefits that make it one of the Best PDF Editor for Mac.
FEATURES: PDF Expert
- Edit PDF text, images, links & outlines.
- Its quick annotations, hassle-free form filing & file merging completely the task in record time.
- Convert PDF files to popular formats such as Word, Pages, Docs, etc.
- It helps you create signatures with a single click.
- Helps users to share the documents to clients, co-workers & everyone in between through built-in options.
Must-Have Free PDF Editor For MacBook
2. PDFelement 6 – PDF Editor
A complete package of editing tools such as PDF Editor, Annotator, Converter, Reader, Form Filler & much more. PDFelement is an amazing PDF solution to change the way you work & manage your important files. Be it basic key features to edit, delete, cut, change font attributes, edit a hyperlink, or advanced tools to combine, convert, reorganize PDFs. PDFelement 6 has everything you’ll need!
FEATURES: PDFelement Pro
- Fill PDF forms.
- Extract, crop, delete, insert pages.
- Convert PDFs to popular file formats, including DOCX, PNG, JPG, GIF, BMP, etc.
- Combine different file formats into a new PDF.
- Set a password to protect files from being opened by unauthorized users.
- Support printing, send PDFs, save files to cloud storage such as Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.
Also Read: 7 Best App Uninstaller For Mac to Remove Unwanted Apps
|Top Mac Apps For Students
2. iStudiez Pro
Best Paid Mac App For Students
Setapp is like Netflix for Mac applications. It provides users with a library of Mac utilities, just ready to install on your machine. You can explore a huge range of software & apps, for nearly every task to be done on your Mac. Be it a Duplicate Finder, Mac Cleaner, Personal Budgeting, Task Manager, Coding, Blogging, etc. you name it & you can get it all for a single monthly fee.
- Just pay a subscription-free for $9.99 & you can have access to more than 120+ Mac apps.
- Use the number of best mac software under one subscription.
- Several Mac utilities get added to Setapp.
- Suitable for students & freelancers to get a handy toolkit of major apps all under one license fee.
Best Free Mac App For Students
2. iStudiez Pro
It’s a task organizer & planner app, designed specifically for students. You can use iStudiez Pro to manage all types of schedules & everyday jobs easily. A special section is dedicated to keeping track of homework, assignments & other projects. You can organize them as per date or by priority to sort them into pending & completed tasks.
FEATURES: iStudiez Pro
- Clean & intuitive interface.
- Track your grades. An option to calculate GPA based on current & past semesters.
- Follow up with your homework.
- Organize your schedule.
- Everything can be synced across all the devices (iPhone, iPad or both) for easy access.
|Best MacBook Software For Photographers
||1. Duplicate Photos Fixer
Best Mac Software For Photographers (Paid)
1. Duplicate Photos Fixer
Removing duplicates means removing unnecessary junk. Since most of the aspiring & pro photographers deal with lots of exact and similar-looking pictures. A Mac Software like Duplicate Photos Fixer would of great use to manage those duplicate, edited & resized photos, which are saved under different names. It’s one of the best apps for MacBook Pro to manage huge photo collection, delete unnecessary duplicates & reclaim huge storage space.
FEATURES: Duplicate Photos Fixer
- Easy-to-use & user-friendly interface.
- Find & remove both identical & similar looking photos.
- Different scanning modes for accurate identification.
- Auto-mark duplicates so that you don’t need to select the detected duplicates manually.
- Recover huge chunks of space by clearing dupes.
- Supports multiple file formats.
- Review results before deleting duplicates.
Best Mac Software For Photographers (Free)
Pixelmator boasts a massive bunch of powerful photo editing features to help you touch & enhance images with fun. The Mac software is designed to integrate seemingly well with macOS Catalina’s fresh & modern look. It’s power-packed tools, lets you draw, paint, apply dazzling effects & create amazing compositions without many hassles.
- Top-notch painting tools.
- Lots of retouching tools.
- Correct wrinkles, repair scratches & lighten specific areas.
- A plethora of drawing tools to apply shadows, strokes & more effortlessly.
- Breath-taking effects.
Also Read: Top Ten Duplicate File Finders For Mac
|Editor’s Choice Mac Apps
||1. Photos Exif Editor
2. Tweak Photos
Editor’s Choice Mac Apps
1. Photos Exif Editor
Photos Exif Editor is a fast, reliable & easy-to-use Mac software to help users read, write & modify EXIF information/metadata from single or multiple photos at once. EXIF data is basically a set of data attached to each image you capture. It includes information such as Date, Camera Model, Size, Location & other Camera Settings. Reviewing this data can help you to know a lot about a particular photo. Moreover, you can easily manipulate this data according to different needs!
FEATURES: Photos Exif Editor
- View, edit & modify EXIF, IPTC & XMP photo metadata.
- See camera & lens setting information. This data comes handy if you’re an aspiring photographer.
- Change Geo-location coordinates to disguise the actual location of the picture taken.
- Delete entire metadata in a go, to have complete protection from any type of security threat.
- Supports multiple file formats.
2. Tweak Photos
Tweak Photos is a perfect batch photo editing Mac tool, that brings a plethora of features to alter and enhance images to make it the liveliest. Mac Software has all the essential functionalities to resize, auto-correct, rotate, flip, de-noise, control brightness, sharpness, etc. You can apply lots of beautiful effects, frames, borders & whatnot to make photos look more pleasing & aesthetic.
FEATURES: Tweak Photos
- A perfect set of mesmerizing photo filters & effects to give an exclusive touch to your pictures.
- Create, apply elegant & effective watermarks.
- Keep track of the sequence of effects for better multi-layer management.
- Supports multiple file formats, making it the best batch photo editing software.
- De-noise images without much hassles.
- Rename multiple files at once.
- Convert photos in bulk & more.
Also Read: How to Speedup MacBook Pro: Make Your MacBook Pro Faster
Discussed Best Mac Apps & Utilities can help you express your creativity, become more productive, enhance security & helps you take care of your MacBook.
FAQs: Best Mac Apps 2020
1. Which Are The Best Apps For MacBook Pro?
Although, your Apple machine comes packed with lots of in-built applications & tools that can fulfill all your basic needs & requirements. But the market has lots of wonderful & useful apps in each category, to make the most out of your machine. Check out the above list to choose the most recommended Mac Software!
2. How Do I Download Apps For Mac?
Since all the aforementioned Mac Software is available on the official App Store, you can follow the steps below to install them on your machine.
- Open the App Store, using Dock, Launchpad or Spotlight search.
- Look for the Mac application you would like to install.
- Click on the Get button or Price to start the installation process. (Get option is for free Mac apps & Price for paid utilities.
- Enter your Apple ID & Password (If needed).
Enjoy the Best Mac Software on your machine, the new downloaded utility would be visible in the Launchpad app.
3. Do Macs Need Cleaning Software?
Unlike Windows PCs, Mac machines don’t have registries. But having the best cleaning utility can certainly help users to reclaim storage space & get rid of unwanted, unused & unnecessary stuff in a few clicks.
Top 10 Mac Temperature Monitors
Top Ten Duplicate File Finders For Mac
10 Best Duplicate Photo Finder & Remover For Mac
Best Fastest Browsers For macOS in (Updated)
How To View Hidden Files On MacOS
Best Mac Antivirus Protection Software
How to Format a Drive on a Mac
How To Empty The Trash On Your Mac & Securely Delete The Files