A data recovery software can help you restore all the files that were deleted from your system accidentally or were removed thinking that you don’t need them anymore. Stellar Data Recovery for Mac is one such smart tool that is capable of recovering deleted and lost data not only from your Mac but also hard drive, USB stick, or any other storage device you can think of.
Stellar Data Recovery was tried on Mac to scan and figure out the photos and videos that were deleted some time ago. We couldn’t find them that easy as the backup was not taken previously. Although the disk scanning takes some time, especially if you have a lot of data and its nature is complex, once done, you can easily retrieve all the lost data.
The software was formally called Stellar Phoenix Macintosh Data Recovery and is developed to retrieve deleted files in your Mac. Be it a hard drive, pen drive, CD/DVD, or a digital device, it can recover the files you want to.
It is interesting to note that the recent update claims to support Time Machine backup and hard drive recovery. Apart from that, it can figure out lost data from various models like iMac, MacBook Air/Pro, Mini, and Mac Pro.
The major functions which make it the best data recovery software for Mac are:
1. It can recover any file format, be it custom or uncommon type, you have lost or deleted by mistake.
2. It can repair corrupted file formats like AVI, Mp4, MKV, MOV, and many more.
3. Repairing of images like JPEG, TIFF, PNG, ARW, etc. is possible.
4. Recovering data from encrypted hard drives, SSD, and external flash drives is allowed.
5. It can also recover deleted files from damaged or corrupted RAID arrays.
Moreover, you can get your data from non-bootable and encrypted drives.
When we talk about performance, it may take a longer time and higher CPU usage, especially if you have resource-intensive applications. There are Quick scan and Deep scan features where Quick scan is good for a skimming process whereas Deep scan undergoes in the depth of your system to find out if any deleted file is hidden somewhere.
Now if efficiency is being discussed, it is capable of scanning and displaying many old files within a short period. As the application itself supports many file types and custom types but the list can all be sorted by file type, size, and location.
Let’s look at the working of this powerful application for an ideal checkup.
Step 1: Download this best data recovery software for Mac and drag the application in the ‘Application’ folder of Mac.
Step 2: Open the software by double-clicking the downloaded file and it will launch the software. When a prompt appears, input your user login credentials.
Step 3: Click on ‘I agree’ to continue and Stellar Data Recovery will begin its run.
Step 4: As soon as the program launches, you have multiple options on the page ‘Select What To Recover’.
Here, you can toggle the switch on for a particular mode. For example, you can choos
e to recover everything or a particular section like documents, emails, videos, or photos.
Step 5: Once you select the appropriate option, choose the drive from where you want to recover the lost data. You can choose which drive you want to get your data from, whether external storage, or internal drive.
Step 6: As soon as you do so, you can scan out the system normally, or just toggle the switch for ‘Deep scan’. This section will take more time in scanning but it helps in bringing out most of the files for data recovery.
Interestingly, Stellar has 6 different plans with prices ranging from free to a maxim of $299.
1. Free: It can recover upto 1GB of data with all the standard recovery tools available. However, if you need to restore a large file and more data, then you need to upgrade or purchase a plan.
2. Standard: It costs $59.9 with the option of unlimited data recovery.
3. Professional: It costs $149 and supports an unbootable system, lost partition recovery, and recovery from encrypted drives.
4. Premium: Costs $199 one can get their corrupted or damaged photos repaired along with other features above.
5. Technician: It costs $199 and offers RAID 0, 5, and 6 data recovery while also recovering lost or formatted RAID logical volumes.
6. Toolkit: The last one costs $299 and offers a big toolkit for Windows, macOS, and Linux and all the features one needs to get data recovered as well as repair.
FAQs: Data Recovery Software For Mac
1. Is Stellar Data Recovery trustworthy?
There is no harm in using Stellar data recovery as it is safe to use and can find out the number of deleted files for recovery.
2. Is Stellar data recovery free?
It is not exactly free of cost but offers a free trial and free download features with limited functionalities. If one wants to enjoy all the features then it is recommended to buy the product and get your files recovered.
3. Which is the best data recovery software for Mac?
Stellar data recovery for Mac can be called the best data recovery software for Mac because of ease of use, workability on multiple drives, and support of large file formats.
After learning the review of Stellar data recovery for Mac, we are sure that you want to try this product. Even though you need to pay a few dollars to enjoy the services, we are sure that every penny is worth buying it. No matter which file format you have lost and what size it had, Stellar would get it back with its proficiency and smart performance. Yes, the scanning may take some time but the results are impressive enough.